Pain in sternum. Have acid reflux. Tests normal. What is it?

I have had pain in my sternum area for several months. I thought it might be acid reflux so went to gastro dr. first of January. Since then I have had six tests run with no problems found. I found on internet about xiphord process pain and asked the Dr. about it on one office visit but the Dr. just kinda ignored the question. I do have some acid reflux but she said that would not cause the pain I told her about. I still do not know what it is or what causes it. Can you help me? .
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013