Thanks for writing yor query.
Since you are having some acid reflux
, the most probable cause for pain in retrosternal area seems to be due to GERD(Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease
You should take an antacid like Omeprazole
40 mg along with Domperidone
10 mg once a day before breakfast for relief from your symptoms.
Antacid in gel or liquid form is also beneficial as it forms a protective covering over the damaged mucosa of the stomach.
You should follow some precautions like :-
1. Avoid spicy and oily foods.
2. Donot miss a meal.
3. Avoid alcohol and smoking, if any.
4. Donot self medicate, especially with pain killers and steroids
5. Avoid emotional/mental stress.
6. Drink atleast 8-10 glasses of water in a day.
7. Yoghurt can be beneficial.
You can get an X-Ray of your chest (AP view) to rule out any abnormality in your sternum, which seems unlikely.
I hope this is helpful to you.