Pain in spine, continual pain in left buttock, burning sensation in left leg. Taking Dichlophenac 50mg, Tramadol. Suggestions?

Hi, im a 28 yr old male, weight 12st (168lbs) and in good health ( i dont binge drink,smoke or use recreation drugs) I have had a pain in the s1/s2 region of my spine/sacrum for approximately 3 to 4 weeks, I have continual pain in my left buttock, a burning sensation in the back of my left leg and sometimes pins and needles in my toes on the left foot (occasionally I get pain in my right buttock). The pain in my left buttock originates approximately 1 inch from the top of the buttock crease and radiates deep into the gluteal muscle, causing pain around my anus at times which is very uncomfortable. I have been to my local GP and she has recommended that I have an MRI Scan, would this definite whether or not it's a definite sciatic problem? I have been taking 50mg of dichlophenac for over a week and my GP has also prescribed me tramadol under the instruction to only use is when the pain is very bad ( which is pretty much all the time) I have trouble sitting for extended periods due to the pressures put through my lower back and walking is painful at times but not as painful as sitting. Are the alternative actions I can take to ease the pain apart from taking prescribed medicines all the time, any help and suggestions would be aprreciated

All the best
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013