Pain in side after urinating. How to stop recurrence of pain?

Having pain on my left side. After eating fruit for breakfast and drinking 34 oz. of water I have to urinate a lot (expected) but then my left side hurts. Happens occasionally then goes away. First time it happened I was in extreme pain, went to the hospital and they didn't know what it was and the Dr. guessed that I passed a kidney stone. I eat a pretty healthy diet and drink about 102 oz. of water per day. I do not smoke or drink alcohol. What is going on with me and how can I stop this from re-occurring?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013