Pain in shoulders. History of repair of rotator cuff and reattachment of tendon. prescribed Lortab ,percocet, motrin 800, ice, heat. Any advice?

I m 6 wks 4 days post op for repair of rotator cuff and reattachment of a tendon. I m still experiencing severe pain to the point I can t hardly do my stretches at home. I started PT 5 days post op, 3x wk. I m extremely active, 34 yr female, and have a pain tolerance much higher than anyone I know. Except for this. I m so depressed I don t know what to do with myself, I miss work (RN on a super busy Med-Surg/post op floor), I'm an adrenaline junkie, and very independent. The surgeon and therapists say I'm making progress, but slower than most people. This doesn t sit well with me. They do say I relax my shoulder better than most people during therapy. So I m not sure what the problem is. I've been prescribed Lortab ,percocet, motrin 800, ice, heat, and even tried vodka (not with the meds!) none of which seem to alleviate the pain. I had a cortisone injection at 4 wks, and my Dr said the pain should ease in a few days, it didn't. I m now worried just as much about my mental health as my shoulder recovering! I see my surgeon again in 2 days and want to ask for a different pain med, but really don t know what to ask for. From everything I ve read, pain is typical at this point, but I m so afraid it s going to lead to a frozen shoulder. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013