Pain in shoulder, no swelling. X-ray showed misalignment of AC joint. Reason for pain?

Problem: shoulder pop/grind/pain after pulling on something. Whole arm pain subsided after a couple minutes. No visible bruising or swelling. Moving shoulder still gave pain. Next day doctor appt.: shoulder pain, ac joint tenderness, pain during empty can test and reaching behind back, felt like pressure when raising arm above head, still no swelling or bruising, and injured shoulder sitting lower than other shoulder. Prescribed: rest and immobilization of arm for a couple weeks, NSAIDs, and X-rays if pain is still present after two weeks. X-rays: showed slight misalignment of ac joint (my view-didn t see report). Next doctor appointment: still the same pain but deltoid area pain now present with shoulder blade spine tenderness. Reaching behind back is less painful. Reaching across body hurts in deltoid after a couple times. Moving arm up and down in empty can position feels like deltoid area is being pinched. ROM is good. Shoulder is also still offset from other. Diagnoses: possible ac join sprain . Cortisone shot since scheduling pt is near impossible with my job. Week and a half after shot: pain is back. Intermittent collar bone pain like thumb is being shoved down it. Shoulder blade spine and ac joint tenderness. Deltoid area pain. Pain also never goes below elbow. Around a month after injury I started doing light exercises at home to help with recovery. Injury happened two months ago. I m only 23-should I be seeing better results? Should I be having pain in the deltoid area if it is my ac joint? Why am I experiencing this severe intermittent pain like a thumb is being shoved in my collar bone? Should I be seeing any improvement by now?
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012