Pain in shoulder blade during period, different areas pain during period. Why?

I am 40 plus and I have been monitoring my menstrual for sometime now and I notice as I get older I have different symptoms before my menstrual comes. This is a new one for me but the day before my menstrual came I got a sharp pain right under my left shoulder blade. Is that something have you ever heard of before? The reason why I ask is because I just think that is an weird place to start having pains especially If I havent been lifted anything heavy or slept the wrong way.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013