Pain in shoulder blade. Intensifies when coughing. Need diagnosis

I had been experiancing pain in my back inside of my left shoulder blade initially. If I bend my head down to the floor, the pain increases. The pain has since spread to my upper left back shoulder behind the armpit on the same side and seems to wrap around under my armpit area. If I cough it becomes more intense under my armpit . This problem occurs more frequently when I sit at work at a computer. The pain seem to subside considerably when I lay down to go to sleep. I am wondering if this is all connected together. I am 61 years old and in fairly good health. Can you please offer a fairly educated diagnoses? Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013