Please do not panic, the below mentioned are causes and may/may not be applicable in your case as the listed history is very limited its difficult to rule out many things.
Pain in the right scapula can also be caused by few things
1) Injury/ blunt impact on surrounding areas
2) nerve that may be getting pinched at some area where it lies between bone and ligaments
3) cervical rib
(an extra rib that interfere with movement)
4) over calcified region of scapular bone leading to nerve irritation
5) chances of cancer in the lung apical / apex / top most region of lungs. ( RARE CAUSE, if not smoking)
6) gall bladder
issues in the right portion of the abdomen can send radiation
pain up in right shoulder area. -------------------------------------------(rare cause if not drinking much alcohol / female of 40 yr/fertile/obese)
Go and see your physician as its a long term issue.
What mostly PHYSICIAN will do is as follow (just for knowledge)
AFTER THE PHYSICAL EXAM THEY MIGHT,
1) Ask you to do X-RAY of chest and back for scapular area,
2) may ask for CT-scan/ MRI- if he/she thinks a possibility for nerve impingement.
3) will do some blood test
and that will include the liver profile
to just avoid possibility of gallbladder
issue , (just to be on safer side)
REST DEPENDS UPON WHAT ARE THE RESULT OF THE FINDINGS