Pain in right upper thigh, unable to sit for long time. History of loud pop behind the thigh while doing yoga. Advice

I was doing half moon in yoga and when opening my left hip to stack on the right I felt a pull then a loud painful pop occurred behind my right thigh just below the ischial tuberosity. It's exactly one week later and I still don't have full range of motion in positions like the splits and is very painful when I try. It also hurts to sit for extended periods of time and when I engaged the muscles behind my right upper thigh. I don't have insurance so an MRI or visit to the dr is not going to happen. Am I at risk of permanent damage? Is there anything more I can do besides ice and rest?
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013