Pain in right tonsil, unable to sing high. Something could be growing on vocal cord?

when ever i try to sing i feel like my right tonsil is hurting but its not my tonsil. its a knot next to it. One time i had laryngitus and kept singing. i use to be a soprano and now i cant sing that high. do you think something could be growing on my vocal cords? can your voice ever be permanently damaged? i am not a smoker.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi, I am Dr. Samiron Roy, your ENT Splst.
If you are having laryngitis you have to treat sinus infection; tonsilitis and pharyngitis as well. If you cannot sing in high scales then your vocal cords need examination, you may be having Singer's nodes. for the time being start on:-

1. Cap Karvol plus in steam inhalation bid X 15 days.
2. Tab Lavata-A 1 OD X 15 days.
3. Tab Urclar 250 mg 1 bid X 10 days.
4. Nasivion nose drop 2 drops tid in both nostrils.