Pain in right toe, ankle, foot swelling. Angioplasty done. History of heart attack. Treatment?

My 86 year old mother had a mild heart attack on September 1st, and angioplasty on September 3rd. She had two stents put in. My mother had much leg pain during the procedure. The procedure was through her groin . Right after the procedure, my mother has had unbearable pain in her right toe , ankle and foot. She cannot walk or put any pressure on it. Today in addition to the pain, she is starting to have swelling in her ankle and toe. They are telling me this is part of the natural healing process. What could be going on? Thank you
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  116 Awaiting Answer