Pain in right side of ribs, stabbing pain, pulled rib muscle. Taken advil, no relief. Home remedies to treat it?

I have a pain on the right side of my body right beneath my right pectoral muscle in my ribs. The pain has lasted 2 weeks now and I took off from the gym for a week to see if it would get better but it still hurts. It feels like someone is poking me in the ribs, and it is annoying. I have taken advil but it doesnt seem to help. If I sit a certain way it goes away, but after that it comes right back. I think it might be a pulled rib muscle, but wanted to know if any home rememdies would help.
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012