Pain in right side of mouth, cheek swelling. Prescribed painkillers. Treatment options?

I am a 15 year old girl and the entire right side of mouth has been hurting for two days now. The inside of my cheek also seems swollen. I went to a dentist , not my regular one because she is on maternity leave, but a junior doctor there. He said there was nothing wrong with my teeth , but somehow I don t have much confidence in him. He just prescribed a painkiller but it still hurts. Please tell me some remedies to help cure the swelling and reduce the pain.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012