Pain in right side, lower back where kidneys are present. Ultrasound, hida scan normal. Nephrologist opinion required?

My husband has been having pains in his right side and lower back where his kidneys are. The pain in his kidneys feels like they have badly bruised. The pains are getting worse and lasting longer. He has had a ultrasound, Hida Scan to check gallbladder , liver , pancreas . All came out fine but he is still have pains. I suggested a Nephrologist . What tests would a Nephrologist possibly order?
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013