Pain in right ribcage, pressure in upper abdominal area, constant headaches. Causes ?

Hello, I ve been having a pain in my right ribcage upper abdominal area, it started this past friday, so about 4 days ago, the pain went away the second day and was replaced with a fever for 2 days of about 101.8 and my body was sore all over. The fever broke on Monday, so just yesterday, but then i had headaches all day, the pain that started it all in my upper right abdominal area was replaced with a constant pressure as if though something was swollen, but no pain really.
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Hello. I'm sorry you don't feel well. It isn't possible to diagnose your condition without an examination, but several thoughts come to mind:
A viral illness could account for your symptoms. There are a number of viral diseases that are associated with fever, headaches, body aches and right upper abdominal pain -- which could be a symptom of liver inflammation -- including infectious mononucleosis ("mono" or glandular fever) and hepatitis A, B or C.
Certain bacterial or parasitic infections, such as Mycoplasma or amoebae, can cause liver inflammation, too. These infections typically trigger fevers and body aches, which we call "constitutional symptoms."
Autoimmune hepatitis, such as that caused by inflammatory bowel disease, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis, can present with fever, right upper abdominal pain and constitutional symptoms, as well.
Finally, gallbladder disease is a classic cause of right upper abdominal pain, and it occasionally presents with a fever, especially if the bile ducts are obstructed (such as by a gallstone).
In any event, your symptoms are a bit worrisome, and I would suggest you see a doctor at your earliest convenience. Further investigation is warranted here.
I hope that helps, and good luck!