Pain in right knee on kneeling down, cracking sound, severe pain. Causes and treatment?

Hello, sometimes when i kneel down my right knee is very painful like i have knelt on a stone but my other knee is ok, but today was the worst i was kneeling down just putting this table together & i heard well i think i heard a cracking sound but i definitely felt the knee shift a little & at the same time this unbelievable pain on my knee i was hoping around the room in a lot of pain for just over a minute i am just wondering what is the cause?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013