Pain in right hip joint. Numbness and tingling sensation in limbs. Surgery recommended as per medical report. Suggest

sir my father age-56 is having backache and pain in right hip joint since 2 days.he is also having numbness and tingling sensation in right lower limb and especially right foot.EHL,FHL weak grade 3-4/5.SLR+ve at 60 degree.cross leg negative.radiculopathy on rt side reduced sensation along L5S1 dermatome.claudication pain on rt side.sequestrated L5S1 PIVD.lumbar canal stenosis.history of lifting heavy suitcase.sir please suggest is surgery only option and what is the success there any harm in going for self is also mbbs student
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013