Pain in right ankle and knee, swelling on inner side of knee, pain on bending. Treatment?

Hi, I am a 35 healthy female. 3 months ago i developed pain in right ankle on movement, 6 weeks later i started getting pain in right knee also. pain is easing in ankle but worse in knee, noticed slight puffy swelling inner upper side of knee (no pain or heat to touch). ok in the mornings worse in evening, also mild pain on bending. Awaiting reply
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I want to suggest you to take MRI of the knee joint to make sure that there is nothing wrong in side the knee as i am feeling that it can be a meniscus injury. If some thing is wrong with this you can sow to a arthroscopic surgeon and if there is nothing on MRI then you can take painkiller for pain and swelling.