Pain in neck, shoulders, arm, tingling in fingers. MRI showed torn tendon. Injured rotation cup previously. Inter-related?

Hi, for the last 3 weeks or more I have been going through trumatic pain in my right shoulder and neck area and also my arm and tingling in my fingers. I went to the hospital they took X-ray and found nothing broken and referred me to my RA. He reviewed the X-ray and examined me and sent me for an MRI. He told me the MRI showed I had a torn tendon of the Rotation cup known as a Supraspiniatus tear and referred me to a Orthopedic surgeon. Two years ago I injured my Rotation cup at work, could this be an result from that injury? Also what is the healing process? I am 57 years old with RA.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013