Pain in neck, elbow, difficulty lifting arm. Applying voltaren. Opinion?

i have awful pain in left arm neck and elbow. i have tried applying voltaren and also taken pills for muscle issues. it has done no good what so ever. i also have a hard time lifting my left arm up at all. there is no pain in my chest. the pain goes down the arm and also have pain in the elbow even when i dont move it. it is not getting any better. i have had it for over a week now.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013
You have not mentioned your age.
If you are elderly then there might be having possibility of cervical spondilitis or peri-arthereritis of shoulder joint.
Go for x-ray cervical region and left shoulder joint.
Consult orthopedic surgeon and get examined.
Physiotherapy and short way diathermy will help a lot.
Ok and take care.