Pain in neck, ear, eye twitches. No improvement with antibiotics for Bell's Palsy. Remedy?

I have pain in my neck on left side, my ear feels a little painful, and my eye on the left twitches. I also feel some numbness in my left nostril and the left side of my lip on top and bottom. Two months ago I went to the Dr she gave me antibiotic and steroids for Belles Palsy. What do you think is going on. It wont go away =(
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Thank you for posting your query.

You need to get examined by a neurologist to confirm the Bell's palsy (or facial palsy). If possible, please send a photograph of the face.

Sometimes, the recovery of facial palsy can produce symptoms of pain and twitching.

If symptoms do not improve, you may require an MRI of the brain to confirm the diagnosis.

At present there is no need to worry.
I hope it helps.

Please get back if you require any further information.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My blog: