Pain in neck, back, chest, pricking sensation in arm. MRI shows posterior disc osteophyte complex. Indications?

I am 49 year old female and have been having pain in my neck , shoulder , chest , arm with pins and needles sensations(depending on certain movements) down my arm and into my thumb and the next two fingers. My thumb has been partially numb. I had a mri of the cervical spine . Results There is normal marrow and cervical cord signal. The cranocervical junction is normal. The C2-C3 level shows trace posterior disc osteophyte complex which mildly effaces the anterior thecal sac without significant canal stenosis or foraminal narrowing. The C3-C4 level appears grossly normal. The C4-C5 level shows trace posterior disc osteophyte complex which mildly effaces the anterior thecal sac without significant canal stenosis or foraminal narrowing. The C5-C6 level shows mild broad-based posterior disc osteophyte complex which effaces the anterior thecal sac and abuts the cord. There is mild canal stenosis and mild ventral cord flattening. No significant foraminal narrowing. The C6-C7 level shows mild broad-based posterior disc osteophyte complex which effaces the anterior thecal sac and abuts the cord. There is mild ventral cord flattening and mild canal stenosis. No significant foraminal narrowing. The C7-T1 level is grossly normal Can you tell me what this means and if this is causing my syptoms?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013