Pain in neck and head after fall. Should I apply more ice?

Hi so 2 nights ago I took a pretty bad fall to the road, I hit my head scraped up my legs and my elbows and my side. I iced everything right away but no it hurts to walk an my head hurts realy bad where I hit it and I have a realy bad neck pain on the opposite side of where I hit my head, I just want to know what I can do, shoul di ice it more or what?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012
Hello there,

Thanks for writing in.

Normally, immediately after an injury, application of ice is advised intermittently. However, after 48 hours, which is 2 days after the injury, hot fomentation is advised.

You could take a tylenol or brufen after food, for pain relief.

If the headache and the neck pain is persisting , I would advise you to visit your physician.

I hope I have answered your queries .I will be happy to answer any further queries you might have.

Have a great day.

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan