Pain in my groin area, tenderness, spreading from thigh to knee cap, slight swelling, cause ?

I have a pain in my groin area that feels just like a very bad bruise tender to the touch . this appeared out of nowwhere and over the last 24 hours has spread to the inside of my thigh and moved down towards my kneecap no bruising but feels just like a bruise. no real discoloration and maybe just a tinge of swelling . i am very concerned because I have had blood clots in the past due to a bad injury but in the opposite leg and i have had a small bout with merca so im a little worried , I wasnt doin any activity when the pain started it just appeared out of nowhere. any help would be appreciated
Asked On : Tue, 15 May 2012