Pain in mid calf and bruising on knee. Diabetic, controlled. What else can I do? Help

My father is 81 yo. Is a controlled diabetic. Has seen his PCP for this problem but problem contiues and symptoms has gotten worse since last friday. Short version. Had a pain rt mid calf and bout a hour later big bruise apprred an rt of his knee about six inches where he had the pain. He didn t really worry to much about it. The bruise healed and went away. Now he had a pain in his Left arch of left foot and his outer foot has bruised. Went to see PCP and he advisd to increase to 5000mg VD and stopped his cholesterol medication. SInce Friday his has had several more pains in his foot and now his foot is three time swollen and bruised than last friday. Can t even hardly walk on his left foot.I have tried to persuade him to go back to the PCP don t know if he called today. Doesn t get to see the Neurologist until Dec 5, 2012. By that time he may not have a foot. Any suggestions. Thank you for you time. Vicki M. Jones
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012