Pain in lumbar spine, on one of the vertebrae, swelling, pain on touching bone. Cure?

About 2 weeks ago, severe pain on my lumbar spine , directly on one of the vertebrae, flared up in the middle of the day, and it has yet to go away. The bone itself is very tender to the touch, and bending, yoga , lifting children, etc, are extremely painful. It doesn t feel like a muscular problem, (I ve had those before), and it hasn t gotten worse or better. I think it is swollen, but I can t be completely sure.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012