Pain in lower molar due to abscess. Bruise on neck below jaw. Urgent treatment required?

My dentist told me a few months ago that there seems to be a possible abscess with my lower molar. I don t have insurance so we were going to watch it since there wasn t any associated pain. A couple of days ago I had some pain in my lower jaw so I m going into the dentist to do a follow up xray next week. The pain is gone but tonight I noticed bruising on my neck towards the front below the area on my jaw where the pain was. The bruise is about 3 inches long about 1/2 inche wide, not solid more like a bite mark, it looks like a hicky. Is it something that can wait until morning for my dentist to check?? Thank you, Joy
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013