Pain in lower back, hip, lower abdomen, feels nerve pinched, node in back, inguinal hernia repair using mesh patches

I am suddenly experiencing sharp piercing pain in my lower right back, feels like a nerve is being pinched. I also feel a small marble like nodule on my lower back as well. In addition, I had two inguinal hernia repairs using mesh patches several years ago. This pain started in my lower back, but has radiated to my hip, side, and even lower right abdomen . Any ideas what this could be? Do you think there could be a problem with the mesh patch?
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012