Pain in lower back. Why is it so intense? Physiotherapy helps. Why did I have tremors and twitching?

for the past several years I had pain which starts in my lower back and goes into my bum area. The pain would be intense and I cannot walk. It has become severe over the year and I have the pain going from the bum area into my leg towards my knee . I seen an orthopeadic surgeon who said this is sciatica . he sent me to several session of physiotherapy . The physiotherapy reliefs the pain for a short period a day or two and then I am back to the intense pain. Recently I had tremors, twitching in my arms and numb feelings. At time I cannot grip or hold a cup. Please advise me as to what could be the problem
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012