Pain in lower abdomen extending to back. Is it torn muscle? Done ab exercises, muscles sore

I have extreme pain in my lower right side/ abdomen around my obliques. the pain goes to my navel and extend around to my back. The pain was small until I stood up quickly today then the pain became so unbearable I fell back down to the couch crying in pain. Walking and laying down are excruciating and sitting is the only comfortable position right now. Is this a torn muscle or something else? I did have the flu and was coughing a lot. I also did ab exercises the day before I got sick and they were sore. I got the flu last week Tuesday and first felt the pain on Friday. Today, Wednesday, after standing the pain worsens exponentially.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013