Pain in lower abdomen due to strained groin. Concerned, specialist help required?

I have pain in my lower right abdomen (belt line) and my doctor told me it was a strained groin .....the pain is still there and i also have to hold up my testicles to help alleviate it...i am a plumber and have to lift heavy things but this has never been an issue before...i wear jock straps and brief boxers but the pain is still there....pushing on the site of pain seems to help but it just hasn t gone away....there is no swelling and my doctor said it would just go away...i don t know what to do and i m very concerned........should i go to a specialist?
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012