Pain in lower abdomen, IBS, brown discharge, on sugar pills. Been sexually active. Worry?

Hi, I am 22 and have been on the same birth control for 6 years. I have had the same boyfriend for 2 years and we are sexually active. 2 weeks ago, I was experiencing sharp pains in my lower abdomen - I have irritable bowel syndrome so I thought nothing of it. However, about 10 days ago (a week before my scheduled period), I noticed black/brown discharge in my underwear. This lasted for about 3 days until I decided to start taking my sugar pills early and get my period, as I assumed that this might be what my body needed. I have now had my period for 7 days straight - it usually lasts 3 to 4. What could be happening? Should I see a doctor? Take a pregnancy test? Help!
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013
Answers:  0 Views:  34 Awaiting Answer