Pain in legs, travelling to ankles. X-ray shows spinal compression. Treatment?

Hello Doctor, For more than a year, I have a gnawing ache on the side of my legs which starts from my buttock all the way to my ankle. I was asked to take an X-ray of my spine and it was found that I have a compression between the 4th and 5th Verterbrae. I was advised physiotherapy which did not provide me any relief. I regularly excercise and work out at the gym 4-5 days a week. On certain days, the pain is excruciating but on other days there is absolutely no pain. I dont know what escalates it or makes it subside. It is most painful when I lie down and my sleep is very disturbed. Would appreciate your advise/views on this. Thank you and best regards, Arathi
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012