Pain in leg when putting weight. Had ORIF for fibular fracture. Is pain normal?

I am 22 and I had ORIF with a plate and 6 screws 6wks ago,for a displaced distal fibular fracture , which went undiagnosed for 12 wks due to a misread Xray . Prior to the correct diagnosis, I had been walking, and sometimes running on the leg with pain. With MD oK I am now attempting to partially weight bear while wearing a boot....When I put any weight on my leg, I have pain, the same as before this normal? I am really worried that the fracture is not healed. When I asked about callus formation, my doctor said it was impossible on Xray to tell because of the hardware... I am really worried
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012