Pain in leg, both knees touch each other

Hello .. I am talking from Syria.. It s about my Mom. she is 52 years old. weighs 100 kg. she suffers from her legs. in particular, when her knees or ankles touch each other. when she sleeps, she tend to put a pillow between her legs in order not to let her legs touch each other. she describes the pain when it mistakenly happens, as someone hit on the knee with metal bar.. please help me if you can, many thanks
Asked On : Sun, 27 May 2012

Welcome to Healthcaremagic.

Such pain is felt more due to weakness in the joints involved .There could be joint inflammation of bone demineralization which renders the joint sensitive and present with severe pain even with minor trauma.

I would suggest you to take her to a Orthopedician who after examining can find out the exact cause and treat.

Wish you good health.