Pain in left wrist. Hurts on lifting objects. Doctor suggested pathological test. Is it in the right path?

I had pain in my left wrist , it was started 3 months ago. The pain is not continuous, it hurts if I try to lift some object. Today I have consulted with doctor, he has taken a x ray of wrist, and said there are some blackish spot at the end of wrist bone. As per him it might be a bone infection or it might be dissolving of bone calcium . He has suggested pathological test of CBC, Mx Test, ESR , Blood sugar , S-Ca/Phad. I want to know whether it is in right path or it is some thing different. Also I want to know what is the reason of this disease, and what is the remedy. I am 40 years old lady.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013