Pain in left side, leg pain after fitting copper coil. Normal?

Hi, I had a copper coil fitted 2 days a go. I have never been pregnant. At first it was a little sore but not too bad a little pain down my left leg. Yesterday I could walk around and bend no problem. Toda, day 3, I was fine and cleaning the house when suddenly I had sharp pains in my lower left side and really bad pain down my left leg. Is this normal pains for the first few days of copper coil when you ve never had children etc. It was pretty sore getting it put in so maybe it s normal? I ve taken paracetamol and ponstan now so it s getting a bit better, I was literally crying with pain. I ve looked for the threads but I m not sure whether I felt them. Should they be really obvious??
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013