Pain in left side, heartburn, difficulty breathing deep. History of breast cancer

I am having severe pain on my left side. I have had severe heartburn since last night. Hard to take deep breaths. I am also a breast cancer survivor of 5 years and have breast reconstruction . I get sharp pains in the implant which shoots to the back almost feels like someone has punched me really hard. Been sleeping all day very tired
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms sound like caused by heart problem - heart ischeamic disease or even heart attack. This is the first thing which should be ruled out. Heart ECG and heart enzymes (CK-MB and Troponine) should be performed. Heart ultrasound might be necessary as well.
If no heart problems found, you should have upper GI endoscopy performed as such symptoms may appear with gastric reflux disease, peptic ulcer. Reflux disease is very often associated with asthma what can be the reason of breathing difficulty. To diagnose it, blow test should be performed (spirometry).
If no findings in all this tests, abdominal ultrasound, full blood work, liver tests (AST,AT,GGTP) and amylase, bilirubin, urine analysis should be performed.

Hope this will help.