Pain in left side, dry heaving. Prescribed Cipro for diverticulitis. How long for medicine to work?

This past Saturday, I awoke with left side paid, and I was Dry heaving . I went to my M.D. and after examining me, and asking what I had eaten the night before, he concluded that I have Diverticulitus. He prescribed Cipro, which I am taking 2 x a day for 5 days, and this other medication , which off hand I do not renmember name.............. My question is.... I am still experiencing slight pain near my urinary tract ...... how long does it take for Cipro to clear this up?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013