Pain in left side and stomach. Nause. What is wrong?

Hi . My name is sebrina . and i am having really sharp pains in my lower left side , And In The middle of my stomach on the right side. The middle ones are out of the blue . But the left one are when i lay down , when i try and sleep , or when im standing . I Cant sleep at nite because of these . and i feel as if im about to vomit . but i dont.. Idk whats wrong . im not even close to my period time...
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms can be caused by one or more diseases. Left lower abdominal pain can be caused by diverticulitis, left urinary tract infection, ovarian inflammation or ovarian cyst or pregnancy. In some cases left inguinal hernia might occur with such symptoms.
Middle stomach pain can be caused by peptic ulcer, gall stones, pancreas disease.
As you can see it is quite a lot of possibilities. That is why you should have some tests to find out what is wrong. It is advisable for you to have abdominal ultrasound, fool blood work with liver and pancreas enzymes, urine and stool tests. If you find this tests negative, upper GI endoscopy and colonoscopy might be necessary.

Hope this will help.