Pain in left leg after back operation, prescribed Lyrica. Pain gone but have numbness, pricking sensation in leg. Solution ?

I had a back operation 15th Dec (L5 Fusion + a screw put in to join to small breaks together and at the time went through a lot of pain in my left leg and advised they had probably aggravated a nerve. I was prescribed Lyrica ..the pain continued until well into january and my dose was increased by my local doctor to 150mg twice a day. Pain now gone but I still have numbness, pins and needles and an odd feeling in that leg from toe to top..My physio suggested going back on the lyrica...but my surgeon said no it was only for pain yet my local doctor said to give it a go to see if it settles. Please comment
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013