Pain in left hand under rib cage. Prescribed Tramadol and ibuprofen. Spreading under abdomen. Remedies?

Hi, Last Friday I started with a pain in my left hand side just under my rib cage. It got worse and Sunday it was spreading round from my rib cage to my spine . I got prescribed Tramadol and ibuprofen and have been referred for an ultrasound . It has got steadily worse, it is now a band of pain on my left hand side with some numbness & tingly sensations on my abdomen. Any suggestion of what it could be and what I can do to relieve the pain and discomfort?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013