Pain in left hand, took Omez with temporary relief. Is it due to acidity?

Hi doctor. I am having left hand pain (also shoulder blade) since 3 days. A month ago I had the same kind of pain almost for a month or so and somebody suggested it could be due to Gastric /Acidity. I took Omez tablet and I could feel the relief immediately within 30 min. I took Omez tablet for 10 days and was feeling better. But now my pain is back after a month. Please let me if this something to worry and should I consult a doctor?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013