Pain in left arm and back neck. MRI said disc protrusion. Of what kind?

Hi!! For the past one month I have been suffering acute pain in my left arm and back-neck (left side). Numbness is there in my left arm thumb and I feel very fatigue and tired when I lift anything with my left hand and can t hold heavier things for a long time as I can do with my right arm. The pain increases tremendously while sleeping. My MRI suggests : 1. LEFT LATERAL DISC PROTRUSION AT C6-7 CAUSING LEFT NEURAL FORAMINA NARROWING AND COMPRESSION OF LEFT EXITING NERVE ROODS 2. DIFFUSE DISC BULGE AT C5-6 3. MARGINAL OSTEOPHYTES AT MULTIPLE LEVELS 4. NO ABNORMAL SIGNAL IN VISUALIZED CORD
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012