Pain in left ankle while sitting, driving. Lessens after walking. Fat build up around ankle. What could this be?

I m a blk Man 54yrs old. recently I,m exping pain in my left ankle after sitting or even in the morning or after driving a few miles. After I walk a while the pain lessens and I can even exercise on the leg. when I remove my socks the pain goes away as well. I have been told I have fat built up around this ankle because I have this bulge around my lower leg about an inch above the ankle. high dose of tylenol combined with asprin seem to help a little. Overall pain is about a 9 when at its worst. flexibility limited, heat causes more pain, ice temp relief but pain is worst shortly afterward. TKS
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013