Pain in knuckles. Taking anti-inflammatory medicine. Do I have arthritis?

Hi. When I wake up in the morning my knuckles in the right hand hurt. This condition has been lasting for the past 3 weeks. I had this condition during the 3rd trimester of pregnancy and it was fine after the pregnancy period. I am taking anti-inflammatory right now. it does not seem to be helping very much. Do you think I have arthritis? I am 29 years old. could you please let me know what i should do? I went to see a doctor and he did not say anything about it being arthritis. I am suppose to take the anti inflammatory and after that if it does not help, he will refer me for a nerve test to ensure it s not due to nerve damage.
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013