Pain in knees, shoulders. On vitamin D, calcium. Rotator tear in hands, surgery done. Treatment?

Hi , My mom is 57 years old .Recently we had operation of rotator tear of both her hands But still there is problem she is getting lot of pain in knee ,hand shoulder , back . Doctor said that her calcium level is very low. Even i checked her vitamin D that came 17 only . Doctor has sugessted oral vitamin D injection of 6L for three weeks with calcium tablets. My question is that if she takes that then whether she will be out of pain. Even My vitamin D is only 3. please suggest for myself.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012