Pain in knee while bending, hurts to go up and downstairs. What is the treatment?

So today I had my backpack on and i bent down to pick up a pencil and felt some pain in my right knee . Now it hurts to go up and downstairs and to get out of chairs. I don t know what I should do. but it hurts pretty bad.
Asked On : Sat, 24 Mar 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It looks to me that you have injured your knee. i would suggest you to take Brufen tablet and diclofenec gel application. Also apply compression bandage to knee and avoid staircase climbing. If pain is not relieved or increase then you should show to a orthopaedic surgeon.