Pain in knee, not enough strength to run. Had ACL rupture. Exercise?

I am 26 yrs old lady. My right knee ACL got completely ruptured in Dec 2010, few days later i got operated for ACL reconstruction. things were fine for 2 months and then i was diagnosed with severe infection in the knee. Doctors removed the reconstructed ACL and i underwent multiple knee washout operations for removing the infection. it took me almost 1 yr to regain the strength to walk properly again. today, i walk comfortably without any ACL ligament in my knee. But i feel constant slight pain always in and around the knee. i don t feel enough strength in my knee/ leg to support running. Can you please suggest any exercises/ medication/ rehabilitation courses to make me run again?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012