Pain in kidney area, lower back pain. Ureteroscopy and lithroscopy. Done CT scan. On oxylate diet. Help?

44 yo female, good health, 5'9, 150lbs, had ureterscopy and lithroscopy, no stent, two days ago for removal of 7 mm stone. Pain isn't nearly as severe as the pain I felt before the procedure, but I still have pain in the exact area I had before. Lower back, particularly left side, left flank and left abdomen. CT scan showed 5 more (3 in L; 2 in R) pending in my kidneys so I am now on an oxylate diet indefinitely until my urologist can analyze what kind of stones I am producing. I just want to know if it's normal that I am experiencing this dull but persistent pain in the same area post-op, or if this is indicative of yet another stone that is near my ureter again. I really, really don't have it in me to go through that kind pain again and I just want to prepare myself. If this pain is normal, then I will relax more.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
Hi, your treatment is going on as it should be , and the post operative pain also common .
I to my patients with such pain prescribe higher antibiotics, protiolytics, and apin killers for pain relief.
Take plenty of water, to flush the remaining stones. Neeri syrup will help a lot for desolving the stones. Thank you.